Reasons Why My Mom is the World’s Best Mommy
1. Because she gave birth to ME… her smart, intelligent, superior IQ, uber cool daughter. Harhar.
2. Because she lives with the fact that she is the mother to a bratty, messy kid named Jizelle. Ahahahahaha.
3. Because she cooks the best spaghetti, kinilaw, champorado, ginabot…. ok. Well. She cooks the best everything.
4. When i was 7, she taught me to play cards. Good thing i didn’t mutate into a reckless gambler.
5. When i was 13, she came home one day and found my bedroom wall plastered with pictures of strange men from foreign countries and all she said was ‘Nice. Aren’t you going to put Leonardo di Caprio on your cabinet door too?’.
6. When i was 17, i dated a boy with long hair, scruffy beard, multiple ear piercings and drove really fast cars. My dad wanted to roast him alive but my mom said she wanted to comb his hair and tie it into a clean ponytail.
7. When i was in college, my best friend and i usually took crazy spontaneous out of town trips and when i came back after weeks of not coming home, my mom would just say ‘Did you take any pictures?’.
8. Because she lets me and my friends drink ourselves to death and in the morning she’d feed the stupid, noisy ,hung-over kids a big breakfast feast without the usual stop-drinking momma litany.
9. Because she just lets me be. 🙂 because she lets me live my life the way i want to live it.
10. Because she lets us eat junk food. Better yet, she buys bags and bags of chips and chocolates until we actually get tired of eating it. Mommy is a gluttony advocate.
11. Because she’s friends with all my friends and likes recalling all the embarrassing better-forgotten incidents we got ourselves into.
12. Because she goes into instant shopping spree mode and we get to tag along! Yey!
13. Because she is Contemporary Cyber Supermom. She yells ‘it’s dinner time!’ on facebook. Coolness.
14. Because she treats Mike like he’s always been part of the family. Bought him a bed and built a cabinet so all of mike’s clothes would have a place of their own. haha.
15. Because even though i’m 27 and my sister is 24, we still crawl into her bed and she pretends we’re not huge and fat and big and ginormous. She should buy a bigger bed.
16. Because she accurately reads my mind. ESPP- extra sensory parental perception. Tsk tsk. Must control x-rated thoughts.
17. Because she acknowledges the fact that she is genetically mathematically incapacitated and she has passed this on to her daughters, she enrolled us in Kumon, paid for math tutors, bought me the most expensive scientific calculator money could buy and supported me through six failed college math courses.
18. Because she taught me badminton. The only sport i am actually great at.
19. Because there’s this space at the garage and i know she’s secretly preparing it in case i kill somebody in anger and rage and she’d help me chop, burn and bury the body. hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
20. Because when i was fourteen, i was a huge Spice Girl fan and she bought me elevator platform shoes so i could sing ‘Colors of the World, Spice up your Life’ in complete costume.
To my supermom, Happy mother’s day!